Ideal solution for pharmaceutical inspection machines
Inspection machines are used in the pharmaceutical industry to check containers for cleanliness and intact condition before filling. Servotecnica's SVTS C series hollow shaft slip rings ensure that inspection machines can play to their strengths.
Pharmaceutical inspection machines are often equipped with so-called carousel units to optimise processes: Due to the geometric arrangement and diameter of the carousel, the process steps take place in a particularly efficient time sequence and generate the high output characteristic of this type of machine. It is crucial here to transmit electrical energy and also communication signals from a stationary to a constantly rotating part - this is the only way to manage all the supply equipment on board at the necessary speed.
Here, Servotecnica's SVTS C series hollow shaft slip rings are an ideal solution. They offer the most suitable properties and advantages for this purpose:
- Large hollow shaft: can be mounted directly on the main shaft of the machine
- 10 sizes with bores from 12 to 100 mm; larger sizes up to 500 mm on request
- Tested Ethernet transmission signals without electromagnetic interference (std ISO11801 Cat5e F/UTP)
- Fast data transmission (up to 1Gbit/s possible with SVTS C 05) via Profibus, CanOpen, ProfiNet, SERCOS, EtherCAT and other field buses
- Transmission of electrical current to power the motors installed in the inspection machine
- Protection class IP51; IP65 optional
- Versatile, cost-effective and quickly installed
In addition, a variety of combinations of power and signal are available. Power tracks of up to 15 A and 600 V and signal tracks of 2 A or 5 A at 240 V can be realised. Hollow shaft slip rings of the SVTS C series are ready for immediate use and offer a very good price/performance ratio. As is typical for Servotecnica, individual solutions are also possible for hollow shaft slip rings that go beyond the comprehensive series programme.