Strong process optimizer
With the scanning target bases, dk Fixiersysteme offers state-of-the-art measurement technologies.
Challenge: Reference points, point marks, targets, measuring marks or adhesive marks...
The names for measuring points for referencing in the various scanning measurement technologies are very different. However, the problem is always the same: these self-adhesive points cause a lot of effort if they are directly glued to the test specimen and have to be removed again.
The ideal conception of many metrology engineers can be described as follows: the measuring points are not glued directly onto the component, but onto special elements that can be positioned as desired in 3D space to suit the test specimen and the measuring task. And especially when it comes to measuring the same components in series production, the repeatably fast fixing of the test specimen within an optimally placed arrangement of measuring reference points marks the pinnacle of process efficiency. From really many discussions with competent scanning users, dk as a specialist for fixturing systems defines the following...
- Multi-directionally aligning support elements for the measurement points, hereinafter referred to as "Target-Bases".
- Target-Bases in different sizes, in order to meet the different sizes of the measuring fields
- Mechanical and magnetic mounting options for these support elements
- Base, structure and clamping elements for the test specimen
- Base and structural elements for the target bases
- Generation predominantly by standard elements of the dk module kits supplemented by compatible scanning-specific new developments
- Support elements for measuring points with up to 31 surfaces, called dk Target-Bases
- Target bases in sizes S, M and L for measuring points of different sizes according to the focus of the scanner
- Target bases with M2.5 and M6 threads and alternatively with adaptable holding magnets
- Relaunch of the Octofix program as an ideal carrier for small test specimens and simultaneous placement of target bases as satellites around the component to be scanned
- TurnStop articulated arms as maximum-fixed 3D clamping joints for any fixed-variable positioning of target bases in 3D space
- Infinite possibilities to fix and align these target bases in 3D space with the dk fixation programs SWA39, Spannfix PRO and ECO, Quaderfix, Octofix and by means of the dk joint systems
- No adhesive dots on the test specimen and therefore no time needed for gluing, peeling or cleaning
- No waste of glue dots, as they remain on the target base and can be used continuously.
- No permanent contamination or damage to the test specimen
- Perfect fixing systems for every type and size of component available as a modular system because they have been tried and tested over decades
- The modular systems already include flexible fixings for the target bases as standard
- Target bases can be perfectly positioned to the test specimen
- The system is therefore perfect, especially for series measurement, as several test specimens can be fixed one after the other with repeatable accuracy and the separately fixed measuring marks are always in the right place
- Multiple fixtures can also be constructed in an ideal way