Curtiss-Wright's Actuation Division has announced the introduction of the Exlar GTW electromechanical actuator focused on welding gun applications. GTW's performance and benefits match those of the Exlar GTX actuator product family. In addition, there are additional features to support the requirements of automotive welding gun applications.
The GTW welding gun actuator offers powerful repeatability and high precision on welds greater than 20M. With a continuous force rating of up to 30,784 N and speeds of up to 1,270 mm/s., the GTW can support heavy duty cycles, providing higher productivity and lower energy efficiency. The electromechanical design enables a lower total cost of ownership. In addition, the GTW actuators are compatible with the control systems of the world's leading manufacturers of industrial robots and welding gun manufacturers for the automotive market.
GTW Series features:
- Energy-efficient integrated brushless stator (motor) technology.
- Planetary roller screw technology for high-precision positioning and reliable performance over its nominal lifetime
- Heavy-duty rod seal and dual wiper design to protect critical components from contamination
- Built-in mounting features to accommodate different welding gun configurations
- Proprietary mounting options for easier installation and adaptation to standard C-Gun,
- X-Gun or pinch gun shells
- Robot interface compatibility with leading industrial welding gun manufacturers