TDK Corporation is expanding its portfolio of Micronas embedded motor controllers to include products for use at high temperatures.
The HVC 4222F and the HVC 4422F were developed for controlling intelligent actuators in applications with ambient temperatures of up to 150 ° C. The HVC 4222F offers 32k Flash memory, while the HVC 4422F is equipped with 64k Flash for more complex software implementations. Both can be used, for example, in applications in the drive train of vehicles with internal combustion engines and in temperature management systems in electric and hybrid vehicles.
The new components for high temperatures belong to the embedded motor controller family with LIN bus interface for automotive applications. The HVC 4xxxF family integrates an Arm standard microprocessor with six independent 500 mA half-bridge drivers and many additional functions in order to be able to implement compact and cost-effective motor applications. The embedded motor controllers can drive both small stepper motors, brushed (BDC) and brushless (BLDC) motors in applications that require peak currents of up to 1 A.
With its high computing power, the HVC family also enables the implementation of complex motor control algorithms, such as space vector modulation (SVM) for synchronous motors (PMSM), sensorless block commutation (BEMF) and various algorithms for stepper motors with current limitation and standstill detection. For more precise motor control, eleven general input / output pins (GPIO) enable Hall switches or 2D / 3D sensors from TDK's extensive sensor portfolio to be integrated.
- Intelligent valves and pumps
- Actuators with LIN bus interface
Main features and advantages
- Supply voltage range from 8 V to 18 V (transient from 4.5 to 40 V)
- 6 x 500 mA (max) half-bridge driver
- 32-bit Arm Cortex-M3 CPU core
- 20 MHz system oscillator, 35 kHz watchdog oscillator
- 32k or 64k flash memory versions with 2k or 4k SRAM
- 12-bit ADC with 1 µs conversion time for internal and external measurements
- 2 x 8-bit current DAC for motor current limitation from 2 mA to 500 mA
- 12-bit PWM generators with center and edge alignment and ADC trigger
- 16-bit timer for processing PWM signals at the input and output
- 11 GPIOs for the application interface
- LIN transceiver for automatic addressing using the bus shunt method
- Small, thermally efficient QFN40 package