The German Water Partnership e.V. is the only network of the internationally oriented German water industry that unites more than 300 companies. At its 18th General Meeting, which took place in style on the seminar ship "Orca ten Broke" in Berlin on July 5, 2022, the course was set for the future. Alexandra Ervenich, Corporate Account Manager Water at Mitsubishi Electric, was elected to the GWP Board for the next four years (2022-2026).
The topics "Water. Climate. Change." also dominated the network's traditional annual conference on July 6, 2022. Due to the realignment of climate policy, the German water industry is increasingly addressing the problems of climate change, sustainability, digitalization and the resulting need for innovation.
In a panel discussion and various workshop sessions, participants were able to exchange ideas among themselves and with representatives from politics, business and science.
Alexandra Ervenich: "Topics such as security of supply, resource protection and energy efficiency are currently in our focus and are being driven forward by GWP. In this context, the latest digital technologies make a significant contribution to climate and water protection."
As a global player in the field of automation technology, Mitsubishi Electric has long been successful with energy-efficient and industry-specific solutions for the water industry. In this context, the company's own AI supports intelligent maintenance concepts, complex data analytics and process monitoring, thus making an important contribution to achieving climate targets.
The new GWP board
The new board of German Water Partnership is composed of the following members:
- Dr. Michael Beckereit (Deutsche Wasser International GmbH)
- Axel Böcker (Dorsch International Consultants GmbH)
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Michael Drechsler (UFT Umwelt- und Fluid-Technik GmbH)
- Eckard Eberle (elected in absentia, Siemens)
- Alexandra Ervenich (Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V.)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sven-Uwe Geißen (Technical University of Berlin)
- Ingo Hannemann (Hamburg Wasser)
- Georg Huber (Huber SE)
- Michael Kersting (Hermann Sewerin GmbH)
- Dr. Michael Kuhn (Kuhn GmbH)
- Dr.-Ing. Shahrooz Mohajeri (inter 3 Institute for Resource Management)
- Dipl.-Chem.-Ing. Anja Rach (Enexio Water Technologies)
- Gunda Röstel (Gelsenwasser AG and Stadtentwässerung Dresden GmbH, Chairwoman of the Board GWP)
- Dr.-Ing. Gerd Sagawe (Dr. Weber & Partner GmbH)
- Dr.-Ing. Ursula Schließmann (Fraunhofer Institute for Interfacial Engineering and Biotechnology IGB)